With the "song lyrics" feature, Spotify users can see the lyrics for the song they're listening to right on Spotify without opening a browser to search for the song lyrics. However, Spotify stopped their partnership with Musixmatch, the former lyrics providers, resulting in the removal of this useful features. In its place, Spotify joined forces with Genius to show you the "key lyrics" and the story behind the song. This feature is currently only available in English for specific songs. If you still want to enjoy a song's lyrics, follow the steps below to show lyrics on Spotify on PC, Android, and Mac.
How to Show Lyrics on Spotify on Android, PC, and Mac
How to show Lyrics on Spotify on Android
Use the QuickLyric app
- Download and install the QuickLyric app from the Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Open the Spotify app.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and find Device Broadcast Status.
- Slide the toggle to turn it on.
- Start playing a song on Spotify
- Head back to the QuickLyric app.
- The song's lyrics will instantly display on your screen.
Note: Once a song ends, remember to tap the Refresh button to change the lyrics to the new track.
Use the SoundHound app
- Download the SoundHound app and launch it.
- Search for a track in SoundHound and play it.
- The lyrics will be displayed on the song page. They scroll along with the music.
You can add detected songs in Soundhound to a Spotify playlist by connecting your Spotify account in Soundhound’s settings and enabling Auto-add to Spotify.
How to show Lyrics on Spotify on Windows
- Open the Windows Store.
- Type musixmatch in the search bar. A list of results that match your search will appear.
- Click Musixmatch Lyrics & Music Player.
- Click Get or Install.
- Open Musixmatch. You can find it in the All Apps section of the Start menu.
- Open Spotify.
- Find and play a song in Spotify.
- The lyrics will appear in the Musixmatch window a few seconds after the song begins to play.
How to Show Lyrics on Spotify on macOS
1. Go to Musixmatch.
2. Click Download the Desktop app.
3. Once the download is completed, double-click the installer file.
4. Depending on your macOS version, you may need to verify the installation. Here's how:
- Click the Mac menu.
- Click System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy.
- Click the lock icon.
- Type your admin password.
- Click Allow for “Musixmatch”.
5. Drag the Musixmatch icon to the Applications folder.
6. Double-click the Musixmatch icon to open the app. The Musixmatch window will now open. It displays the song lyrics.
7. Open Spotify and play a song.
8. You can find the lyrics in the Musixmatch window a few seconds after the song begins to play.