If you want to delete your Spotify account permanently, just follow the step-by-step instructions below. You will need to use a computer to delete your as Spotify's mobile app doesn't provide the option to do so. If you are a Spotify Premium customer, you'll need to cancel your subscription first.
How to cancel your Spotify Premium subscription?
- Go to https://www.spotify.com/.
- Click Log In at the top right of the page.
- Enter the email address/username and password of your Spotify account and click LOG IN.
- Click LOG IN WITH FACEBOOK if you used Facebook to create your Spotify account.
- Click Profile in the upper-right corner and select Account in the drop-down menu.
- Click MANAGE PLAN below Spotify Premium.
- Click CHANGE OR CANCEL.
- Click CANCEL PREMIUM.
- Click YES, CANCEL to confirm your action.
- Now you can proceed with deleting your Spotify account.
How to delete your Spotify account?
- Go to https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/.
- This will open the "Contact Spotify" page if you are already logged into your account. In case you aren't logged in, type your email address/username and password then click LOG IN.
- Select Account.
- Select I want to close my account permanently.
- Click CLOSE ACCOUNT.
- Click CLOSE ACCOUNT again.
- Check the account information to make sure that it's the account you want to remove.
- Scroll down and click CONTINUE.
- Spotify will now send an email to the email address that you used to register Spotify.
- Open the email and click the Please confirm you want to close your Spotify account link. If you used Facebook to create your account, please check the email that you used to sign up for Facebook.
- Click CLOSE MY ACCOUNT to complete the deletion process.
Once you delete your Spotify account:
You can't register for Spotify with the same username in the future. It can't be recycled.
All your saved music, playlists, and followers can't be recovered or retrieved.