When you sign up for a Spotify account, it will automatically generate a username. Your username includes random numbers and letters. However, there are a few tricks to change Spotify username and profile picture.
How to change Spotify username
Change your username on Spotify by connecting to Facebook
You can connect your Spotify account to Facebook to simplify the sign-in process, transfer profile photo, or connect with your friends and see what they are listening to in real-time.
Open the Spotify app on your Desktop or mobile device.
Click the down arrow icon next to your name (Desktop) or the Gear icon (mobile) at the top right.
Scroll down and click or tap Connect to Facebook.
If you are not signed in yet, you will be redirected to the log-in page. Enter your Facebook account details to log in and authorize Facebook to connect to Spotify.
The account will now merge together with your new username.
- You don't need to remember your username to log into your account. You can log in with your email address and password.
- If you want your profile to display a different name, you need to create a new account with a profile name you want.
See also: Spotify Web Player.
How to change Spotify profile picture
On Android or iPhone
The only way to change your profile picture on Spotify mobile app is to connect it with your Facebook account then change your Facebook profile picture. If you don't want to link it to your Facebook, you can change your profile picture on the Desktop app.
- Open the Spotify app on your mobile device.
- Tap the Gear icon at the top right corner.
- Scroll down and tap Connect to Facebook in the Social section.
- Log into your Facebook account with your email address/phone number and password.
- Tap Continue as "your name".
- Open the Facebook app and change your Facebook profile photo.
- Wait for Spotify to update your profile picture. This can take up to 48 hours.
On the Desktop app
- Open the Spotify Desktop app.
- Click your name at the top right corner.
- Hover mouse over your current profile picture and click Change.
- Select the picture you want as your profile picture and click Open.
- It must be a .jpeg file with a maximum file size of 4MB.
- Your picture must not violate any trademark, copyright, or personal image rights.